Saturday, October 24, 2009

NFL evaluations (10/24/09)

San Diego Chargers:
Unfortanetely this is a hard one for me because I am giving up on my team. They are absolutely terrible and now just an average team. When the team hired Norv Turner everybody was saying that it was a bad hire and there goes the next few years. I chose to stay positive and hope that the team knew what they were doing, but year after year it seems like we have gotten softer and softer. Sure our QB has become incredible and is one of the top in the league, but that is just about it. Our defense is one of the worst in the league and dead last in stopping opponents on 3rd down and our offensive line can't give Rivers long enough to do anything. The record isn't what bothers me, it is the way we are playing and the no emotion style that I hate. I am now calling for Norv to be fired! I want to see intensity and a desire to win and I am jumping ship for this year....

Denver Broncos:
To add salt in my wounds the Broncos are incredible. It pains me to say this, but they are a lot of fun to watch. They are the exact replica on defense that I want to see my team as. They are definetely the surprise team of the season and new head coach Josh McDaniels is a strong candidate for coach of the year. We will see if they keep it up, but the way they play is very impressive.

Minnesota Vikings:
As I said as soon as Favre was hired...."this is the fun team to watch this year." I should have went with this statement and picked them to go farther into the post season. I didn't because I don't know if Brett can hold up all the way through. I knew they would be good, but it is end of the season that scares me. I am enjoying this team and I hope they continue to win. Go get you another ring baby!

Atlanta Falcons:
I don't have much to say about this team other than I can't decide if I want them to do really good or if I should root for the Vikings. Ever since Michael Turner joined this team I have been drawn to them. With Vick no longer being overrated for this team they are enjoyable as well. The reason I didn't pick them to go too far is because their defense is so young. I am worried they will fall apart a little bit in the playoffs.

Washington Redskins:
Don't even get me started on this team...I have to justify my pick for the super bowl with this team. First they were close to the playoffs last year and I hoped with Haynesworth it would put them over the top. As I stated during my picks post the only reason I picked them is because I didn't like anybody else. Clearly I should have gone with the Vikings (but I already told you my concern with Brett Farve down the stretch)

No comments:

Post a Comment