Sunday, September 20, 2009

Local College Teams

I am going to go ahead and take some credit for how this weekend played out.

Utah Utes: I had very very little hope that they would win against Oregon on the road, and I was actually surprised that we hung in there as long as we did. There are a lot of fans (or media at least) that keep saying how disappointing of a year it will be for the Ute fans if the team can't win some of the big games. Let's think about this for a second...We lost more than half our team, our QB, our 2 best defensive players, most of our recievers and our kicker/punter (who was known as "king louie"). Not only that we lost our Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator and a couple other coaches below them. If anybody expects us to lose less than 3 games then tell them to pull their head....nevermind. I am not disappointed in the effort or the showing. Let's be realistic.

BYU Cougars: As you may have noticed in a couple of my previous posts that I didn't think BYU earned their ranking as number 7 in the country. I could hear the Utah State Aggies chant from last year, "Overrated.....Overrated.....Overated." I said that if they beat Florida State then I would jump on their bandwagon just like everybody else only they showed their true colors and embarassed their fans and their whole team. Just a couple weeks after jumping 11 spots (and making national headlines) they drop 12 spots and barely hang on in the rankings. As much as I want the conference to look good - I have a hard time rooting for a school that I hate so much.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree with you regarding the Utes.

    You really said it.

    We just need to stay optimistic, but realistic too.

    ReplyDelete